Advanced Sorting – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 12th April, 2016
- Last Updated On: 5th January, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Advanced Sorting extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x and Magento 2.2.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-2.0.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-advancesorting-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Advanced Sorting -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Advanced Sorting extension for Magento 2 add custom sorting options to make products easier to find. This extension gives effective options to customers for product sorting – by bestsellers, most viewed, biggest saving, rating, quantity/stock and more. Advanced Sorting will give each customer an option to display the products in the sorting order, which suits him or her best.
Ready to use sorting options:
- Most Viewed – Most viewed products come first.
- Best Sellers – Best seller products come first.
- Last Ordered – Last ordered products come first.
- Biggest Saving – Product with the higgest discount come first.
- Wishlist – Products in wishlist come first.
- Rating – Products with highest rating come first.
- Reviews Count – Products with higgest review come first.
- Featured – Featured products which are selected by admin come first.
- Quantity/Stock – Products with highest Quantity/Stock come first.
- Newly Added – Most new added product comes first by date.
- Product Name – Products will sort by their name.
- Position – Products will be display by their position which are set by admin.
- Price – Products with highest price come first.
- New Set – Newly added product come first.
You can find these features below:
- Provides fully customizable interface of the extension from admin that is easily manageable
- Ability to enable/disable from backend
- Store owner can select multiple sort option from backend
- Store owner can set default product listing sort by from Catalog -> Storefront
- Make your store more user-friendly to increase profit – more orders for you
How To Use
In front end, Customers can see the different Sort By options in product list page like,
Go to Stores -> Configuration -> Catalog and select default sort option from Product Listing Sort by
In the Configuration tab, this extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module from admin.
- Enable: Select Yes to enable extension and select No to disbale extension.
- Select Sort Option: Select sort options that you want to display in sort by dropdown in front side.