Cancel Order By Customer – Extension For Magento 2
- Created On: 3rd June, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Cancel Order by Customer extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Cancel Order by Customer -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Cancel Order By Customer extension is used to cancel the order from my account dashboard & my order page (frontend) by the register customers and guest customers can also cancel the order without the registration. This Magento 2 extension adds the Cancel Order link in my account dashboard & my order page of the registered customer and guest customers cancel there order to help with "Order and Returns" link in front end footer, the guest customer easily cancel the order to fill “Order and Returns" form, after successfully filled the form, guest customer see the "Cancel Order" link.
By clicking this link customers can cancel their order. Send the update mail to admin that the order had been canceled. Store owners can select multiple order status from the admin control panel to cancel the order. Store owners can set custom mail templates from the admin side for cancel order notification mail. Customers can also add a comment when cancel order. Store owner can also change cancel order form header text and cancel order note from admin.
The Extension provides the below features:
- Provides a fully customizable interface of the extension from the admin control panel that is easily manageable.
- Ability to enable/disable extension from the admin control panel.
- Admin can select multiple order status for cancel order.
- Customer can cancel orders from the front side under my account section.
- Guest customer can also cancel the order without the registartion.
- Send the update mail to admin that the order had been canceled.
- Customers can send comments when cancel order.
- Admin view comment in the customer order detail page.
In the Configuration tab, the Cancel Order By Customer magento 2 extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options.
There are so many configuration options in Configuration tab. Lets discuss it all in more details.
Go to Solwin >> Cancel Order >> Configuration.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Cancel Order Button Text: Enter cancel order button text.
- Display Comment Popup Form On Cancel Order Link: Yes | No.
- Comment Popup Form Header Text: Enter header text for a cancel order form.
- Note: set note for cancel order form.
- Email To: Set email address to receive cancels order email.
- Email Sender: Select email sender.
- Email Template: Select an email template for the cancel order.
- Email Template For Customer: Select an email template for the customer.
How To Use
In the front end, on My Dashboard page, register customer can view all the recent orders with cancel order links, from there customer can cancel their orders.
In the front end, on My Orders tab, register customers can view the recent orders with cancel order links.
When registered customers click on the 'Cancel Order' link, it will open comment popup, from there customers can enter comment/reason for the cancel order. After cancel order, an admin will be notified by email, and order status will be changed to Canceled.
Here, the cancel order link displays in order details page.
The guest customers click on "Orders and Returns" from the footer.
The guest customer can find his/her order by filling this form.
Here, the cancle order link will display in the pending order. When guest customers click on the 'Cancel Order' link, it will open comment popup, from there customers can enter comment/reason for the cancel order.
If you have any questions or requests, please contact us at email@example.com. We are very happy to assist you!
- Website: https://solwininfotech.com
- Blog: https://solwininfotech.com/blog
- Support: http://support.solwininfotech.com