Cancel Order By Customer – Extension For Magento 2
- Created On: 3rd June, 2016
- Last Updated On: 10th January, 2019
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Cancel Order by Customer extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x and Magento 2.2.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-2.0.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-cancelorder-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Cancel Order by Customer -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up, and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Cancel Order By Customer extension is used to cancel the order from my account dashboard & my order page (frontend) by the customers. This premium Magento 2 extension adds Cancel Order link in my account dashboard & my order page of the registered customer and also in the guest order view page. By clicking this link customer can cancel their order. Send the update mail to admin that order had been canceled. Store owner can select multiple order status from backend for cancel the order. Store owner can set custom mail template from admin side for cancel order notification mail. Customer can also add comment when cancel order. Store owner can also change cancel order form header text and cancel order note from admin.
You can find these features below:
- Provides fully customizable interface of the extension from backend that is easily manageable
- Ability to enable/disable extension from backend
- Admin can select multiple order status for cancel order
- Customer can cancel orders from frontside under my account section
- Guest customer can also cancel the order without the registartion
- Send the update mail to admin that order had been canceled
- Customer can send comment when cancel order
How To Use
In front end, on My Dashboard page, register customer can see all the recent orders with cancel order link. from there customer can cancel their orders.
When register customer click on 'Cancel Order' link, it will open comment popup, from there customer can enter comment / reason for cancel order. After cancel order, admin will be notified by email and order status will be changed to Canceled.
Register customer can also cancel orders from 'My Orders' section also.
The guest customers click on "Orders and Returns" from footer.
The guest customer can find his/her order by filling this form.
Here, the cancle order link will display in the pending order.
In the Configuration tab, this extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module in your store and provide more configuration options.
There are so many configuration options in Configuration tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No
- Cancel Order Button Text: set cancel order button text
- Display comment popup form on cancel order link: Yes | No
- Comment popup form header text: set header text for cancel order form
- Note: set note for cancel order form
- Email To: set email where to receive cancel order email
- Email Sender: select email sender
- Email Template: set email template for cancel order