Press Release - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 20th February, 2016
- Last Updated On: 29th February, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Press Release extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.0.x, Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.0.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-2.0.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-2.3.x.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-pressrelease-m2-EE-2.3.x.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Press Release -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Press Release Magento 2 extension is helps to keep your customers updated with the latest news. Using this extension store owner can add press releases, news, portfolio, documentation etc with comprehensive features. Press Release extension comes with many features like upload press image, press contact information, release date, youtube video, social sharing, tags, meta information etc. Share your latest released press on social networking sites. Customers can search latest released press by tags. Customers can also search by Author's name or any word of press description. Set iframe width and height from backend for youtube video.
In frontside of this extension, it proivdes press release landing page & detail page. In landing page, it shows press title, image, short description, author name & press released date with read more link. Detail page shows all content along with social sharing, tags & press content information in sidebar. Store owner can export the Press releases to a CSV or Excel XML file. Provides advanced grid with inline edit, multicolumn filters, search by keyword, sorting etc from backend.
You can find these features below:
- Easy to install and manage.
- Ability to enable/disable from backend.
- Easy management of press content via separate backend interface.
- Add press content using WYSIWYG editor from backend.
- Advanced grid with inline edit, multicolumn filters, search by keyword, sorting etc.
- Export press release data to CSV or Excel XML file.
- Search all press by author's name.
- Search press by any word of press description.
- Search latest released press by tags.
- Display youtube video on particular press detail page.
- Add meta keywords & meta description for separate news.
- Share latest released press on social networking sites.
- Landing page which displays press image, short description, author name & released date etc.
- With use as a widget you will display press release on any cms page and home page.
- Premium support.
How To Use
In front side, Customers can see the Press release landing page with press image, short description, author name & released date etc. And it display with 2 different view List view and Grid view
Customers can search by author's name or press description.
Click on Read More button to see all content along with social sharing, tags & author information in sidebar.
How To Configure
To view press release list, Go to Solwin >> Press Release >> Manage Press Release.
Click on Add New button to add new press details like
- Title: Enter title of press release.
- URL Key: Enter Url key.
- Store View: Select store view for particular press.
- Release Date: Set release date of press.
- Youtube URL Code: Enter unique code of youtube video url.
- Image: Upload press release image.
- Tags: Add multiple tags with comma separate.
- Description: Enter full description of press release.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
- Author Name: Enter name of author.
- Author Information: Enter basic information about author like author address, email, phone etc.
- Meta Keyword: Enter meta keyword for press released.
- Meta Description: Enter meta description for press released.
In the Backend from Solwin >> Press Release >> Configuration menu, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options for press release.
There are some configuration options for product attachment. Let's discuss all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Add Toplink?: Yes | No.
- Top Link Text: Enter top link text.
- Add Footerlink?: Yes | No.
- Footer Link Text: Enter footer link text.
- Show Searchbox?: Yes | No.
- Press Release List Url: Set Route For Module..
- Press Release Url Prefix: Set URL Prefix For Detail Page Url.
- Press Release Url Suffix: Set URL Suffix For Detail Page Url.
- Select Layout: List View | Grid View with Two Column.
Press Release Setting
- Thumbnail Width: Set width of thumbnail image.
- Thumbnail Height: Set height of thumbnail image.
- Iframe Width: Set width of iframe.
- Iframe Height: Set height of iframe.
- Use Sharing Addons: Yes | No (Ex. http://www.sharethis.com/signin).
- Sharing Addons PubID: Enter Sharing Addons pubid.
Press Release Sidebar Setting
- Press Contact Information Sidebar: Yes | No.
- Press Contact Information Sidebar Name: Enter sidebar block name.
Press Release widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on "Add New Page" button and create new page or open your existing page.
3. Go to “Content” section and click on “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Press Release widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Show Slider: Yes | No.
- Items: Set numbers of press to display in widget.