Product Attachment - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 19th February, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Product Attachments extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-productattachment-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app and pub folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Product Attachments -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Product Attachment Magento 2 extension Makes products files available for download by uploading them from the admin control panel. The store admin can upload multiple file types such as pdf, docx, jpg, jpeg, png, ppt, docs, etc. Also, add file format which the store owners want to display. Upload particular files from Manage Attachment. Display product attachment customer group wise from the admin control panel. Show attached files on the product detail page in the attachment tab, below media screen, and inside product info block. For each product, the store owner can upload as many attached filesas it is required. The extension has no limit amount of attached files to the product. The Store owner can display product attachments in any CMS page and Static block with the use of the Product Attachment widget.
The Extension provides below features:
- Easy to install and manage.
- Ability to enable/disable from the admin control panel.
- Set product attachment settings store wise from admin.
- Display product attachment customer group wise from admin.
- Shows attached files on the product details page under the product info block, below media screen, and in Attachment tab.
- Upload several file types such as docs, PDF, excel sheets, images, and many other types.
- The Extension has no limit amount of attached files to the product.
- Instant file validation on add/edit the attachment.
- Select the products on add/edit the attachment.
- Select the attachments to add/edit the product.
- The store admin adds attachments with category wise.
- It provides drag and drop facility to upload files.
In the admin control panel from Solwin >> Product Attachment >> Configuration menu, the Product Attachment Magento2 Extension allows the store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for product attachment.
There are some configuration options for product attachment. Let's discuss it all in more details.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Set Attachment Title: Enter attachment title.
- Allowed File Types: Enter file format.
- Show Attachment Tab: Yes | No.
- Show Attachment Block: Yes | No.
- Show Attachment Below Product Media: Yes | No.
- Maximum Allow File Size(In KB): Enter maximum allow file size(In KB).
- Display Attachment File Size At Frontend?: Yes | No.
- Display Downloads Counter?: Yes | No.
- "How To Download" Message: Enter message for need login before the download link file.
- Display Icon: Yes | No.
- Custom Height - Width: Yes | No.
- Width (In px): Enter width (In px).
- Height (In px): Enter height (In px).
How To Configure
To manage File Icons, go to Solwin >> Product Attachment >> Manage File Icons.
Click on Add New File Icon button to add a new file icon like
- Icon Type: Enter icon type name.
- File: Drag and drop icon file in the box.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
To manage Categories, go to Solwin >> Product Attachment >> Manage Categories.
Click on Add New Category button to add a new category like
- Title: Enter the category title.
- Store View: Select store view.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
To manage all Attachment, go to Solwin >> Product Attachment >> Manage Attachments.
Click on Add New Attachment button to add new attachment like
- Title: Enter the attachment title.
- Category: Select the attachment category.
- File: Upload the attachment file.
- Store View: Select the store view.
- Customer Group: Select customer group.
- Status: Enable | Disable.
- Need Login To Download?: Yes | No.
Click on 'Select Products' button to add product in new attachment like
- Select product item to display created attachment on the product page.
Product Page Setting
If the store owner wants to add an attachment by-product add/edit section then, go to CATALOG >> Product add/edit Product and click on the "Add Attachment" button from the Product Attachments tab.
Select attachments and click on the "Add Selected Attachments" tab. and then save the product.
Now, store owners can see selected attachment displays on Product Attachments tabs.
Product Attachment Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go tothe “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin - Product Attachment Widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Select Product Attachments: Select attachments which store owner want to display.
- Display Attachment Size: Yes | No.
- Display Attachment Download counter: Yes | No.
- "How To Download" Message: Enter message for "How To Download".
How To Use
On the front side, on product view page customer can see the attached files list and the customer can download attached files an unlimited number of times
On the product view page, there is an Attachment tab after the Review tab. From that customer can also download attachment for particular products.
On the product view page, the admin also displays attachments on below media screen.From that customers can also download attachment for particular products.
Widget section view.