Product Reviews – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 15th March, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Product Reviews extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-productreview-m2-EE.zip
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Product Reviews -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Product Review Magento2 extension allows the customers to upload an image with a product review form. Good product review always gives trust about the product to the customer once buying any product, it increases the number of sales.
Product Review Magento2 extension provides a landing page for all the product reviews, so the customers can view all the reviews.
If the customer is registered then it displays the customer name & email, otherwise, it displays guest customers. Allows store owner to display product review on CMS pages & static blocks as a widget.
The store admin can set a review image width from the admin control panel. As well as show/hide guest customer reviews from the admin control panel.
The Extension provides the following features:
- Easy to install and manage and the ability to enable/disable from the admin control panel.
- Allows customers to upload images with product reviews.
- Both registered & guest customers can upload images with a review.
- Display product review on CMS pages & static blocks as a widget.
- Set the review image width form the admin control panel.
- Allow store owners to add top & footer links from the admin control panel.
In the admin control panel from Solwin >> Product Review >> Configuration menu, the extension allows store owners to enable or disable the module in the store and provide more configuration options for a product review.
There are some configuration options for a product review. Let's discuss all in more detail.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Add Toplink?: Yes | No.
- Add Footerlink?: Yes | No.
- Show Guest User Reviews: Yes | No.
- Show Review Image Upload Button In Review Form: Yes | No.
- Show Review Image In Review List: Yes | No.
- Review Image Width(In Pixel): Set review image width.
In the admin control panel, go to MARKETING >> User Content >> All Reviews. Edit any review and store owner can view review image with customer review details. The store owner change review status from here.
Product Review Widget
1. Click on Content >> Pages.
2. Click on the "Add New Page" button and create a new page or open the existing page.
3. Go to the “Content” section and click on the “Insert Widget...” tab.
- Widget Type: Select widget type “Solwin - Product Review widget”.
- Title: Enter title for widget section.
- Show Guest Reviews: Yes | No.
- Display Random Review: Yes | No.
- Limit: Set numbers of review display in widget.
- Review Image Width(In Pixel): Set review image width.
How To Use
In the front end, on the product view page, In Review tab, customer can upload image with a review like
The extension shows all product reviews of all products with customer name, customer image, product image, product description, product review, etc
In the header and the footer also display the "Product Review" page link and it displays all product reviews on a single page.
Product Review widget front view