Share on WhatsApp – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 26th March, 2016
- Last Updated On: 2nd June, 2022
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased an extension from Magento Marketplace then click on the How to Install Magento 2 Extension to install the extension.
If you purchased an extension from Solwin Site then follow the below steps to install the extension.
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Share On WhatsApp extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-whatsapp-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-whatsapp-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-whatsapp-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-whatsapp-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Share On WhatsApp -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Share on WhatsApp extension Magento 2 allows users to share and promote products on WhatsApp with just one touch. The extension provides the WhatsApp sharing button on the product detail page to share product information and it works with all mobile devices having WhatsApp Installed.
Once customers touch the WhatsApp share button then after it will automatically open WhatsApp from the device and select a name from the WhatsApp contact list and it will automatically paste product details like product image, product name, price & product URL.
The store owners can also send additional/extra text with product details. Customers have to just touch the send button to send product details to a friend. WhatsApp share button available in three sizes: small, medium, and large, and that is manageable from the admin control panel. Also, customize the button text.
The extension allows the store admin to choose to display the WhatsApp share button product-wise.
The extension provides below features:
- Easy to Install & Manage.
- Allows WhatsApp to share with all available mobile devices having WhatsApp installed.
- Allows store owners to set the WhatsApp button for a particular product.
- Provides small, medium, and large button of WhatsApp Share.
- The store owner can customize the WhatsApp share button label from the admin control panel.
Go to Solwin >> Share on WhatsApp >> Configuration, the Share on WhatsApp magento 2 extension allows store owner to enable or disable the module from the admin control panel.
There are some configuration options in the Configuration tab. Let’s discuss all in more detail.
- Enable: Yes | No.
- Display Share On Whatsapp Button In All Product: Yes | No.
- WhatsApp Button Size: Small | Medium | Large.
- WhatsApp Button Label: Enter WhatsApp button label.
- Extra Text For WhatsApp: Enter extra text for WhatsApp.
To enable Whatsapp share functionality for only selected product, Go to CATALOG >> Product edit particular product and set Share On WhatsApp to Yes. Also admin can set Extra text for WhatsApp share.
How To Use
In the front end, on product view, page customers can share products on WhatsApp using the Share button on mobile devices. If the customer wants to share products from PC then it will give a message like "Please share this product in mobile device".