Site Maintenance & Coming Soon - Magento 2 Extension
- Created On: 12th February, 2016
- Last Updated On: 26th September, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Site Maintenance & Coming Soon extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-sitemaintenance-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Site Maintenance & Coming Soon -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
This extension for Magento 2 will allow the administration to enable or disable the Maintenance mode for the store. Display maintenance page as per the options set from system settings. This extension maintains a log file of all the visitors that hit your site during maintenance mode. Enable timer during maintenance mode and site will be live automatically after countdown is over. This extension will also provide the ability to allow store access to particular IP address when store is under maintenance period. It will also allow to set redirection to a specific URL. Admin can also embed analytic code to track visitors information.
You can find these features below:
- Admin can specify IP addresses using which the site would be accessed.
- It can be enabled or disable any time by admin.
- Allow front end access for admin by admin role wise.
- Allow to display custom pages like blank page, custom HTML page and custom URL.
- Admin can also set footer copyright information.
- Admin can set Google Analytic Code during site maintenance.
- Enable timer during maintenance mode and site will be live automatically after countdown is over.
- Supports multi-store environment.
- Admin can set page title, custom logo image, favicon icon etc.
- Admin can add a background image or background slider or background color.
- Admin can add custom CSS to change look and feel of maintenance page.
- Admin redirect to another URL during maintenance period.
- Display progress bar with custom width & progress color from admin.
- Sign up for newsletter during maintenance mode using ajax.
- Maintain a log file of all the visitors during this mode.
- Admin can add a custom stylesheet from configuration page.
- Enable social media details like facebook, google+ , twitter and email, etc.
- Ability to define start and end time.
- Easy to install and manage.
How To Use
In frontend, Customers can see the maintenance page once admin enable the maintenance mode from the admin side. There are so many configuration options to display maintenance mode. Customer can also see the social media details as well as the remaining time to end maintenance period.
1. Site Maintenance Example with Background Color.
This example includes custom logo, custom message, custom background slider, Remaining Time, Progress bar, Social media, Copyright information etc.
2. Site Maintenance Example with Background Image.
This example includes custom logo, custom message, custom background, Remaining Time and social media details, etc.
3. Site Maintenance Example with Background Slider.
This example includes newsletter block for sign up during maintenance mode using ajax.
4. Log Message
- See below image which show how this extension save maintaince logs.
- You can find it on below folder location in your magento root directory.
In the Settings tab, our extension allows you to enable or disable the module in your store and provide you more configuration options to customize your maintenance page.
There are so many configuration options in system tab. Lets discuss all in more details.
Go to Solwin >> Site Maintenance & Coming Soon >> Configuration.
- Enable Site Maintenance: Yes | No.
- Allow Frontend Access for Admin: Yes | No.
- Admin Role: Select admin role for frontend access.
- Allowed IPs: List of comma separated IP. Allow to access store in Maintenance Mode..
- Redirect Page: Blank page | Custom HTML Page | Url.
- Maintenance Page Title: Enter page title.
- Favicon Icon: Upload favicon icon during site maintenance.
- Maintenance Page HTML Code: Enter HTML code for maintenance page.
- Maintenance Page Stylesheet: Enter custom css for maintenance page.
- Logo: Upload Logo.
- Logo Height: Set logo height.
- Logo Width: Set logo width.
- Footer text: Enter Footer copyright information.
- Analytic Code: Enter your embed analytics code to track your visitors information.
- Background: Image | Slider | Color.
If Background is 'Slider' than you can upload multiple banner images with title and controls transition, slide interval & transition speed.If Background is 'Image' than you can upload background image for site maintenance page.If Background is 'Color' than you can set background color for site maintenance page.
Timer & Progress Bar Settings
- Enable Timer: Yes | No.
- Start Date: Set maintenance mode start date.
- Start Time: Set maintenance mode start time.
- End Date: Set maintenance mode end date.
- End Time: Set maintenance mode end time.
- Enable Progress Bar: Yes | No.
- Progress Bar Width: Set progress bar width in percentage(%). Default is 50.
- Progress Color: Set progress color.
- Progress Font Color: Set progress Font color.
- Text After: Enter text to display after completion of process.
Newsletter Subscribe Settings
- Enable Newsletter subscribe: Yes | No.
- Newsletter Subscribe Title: Enter title for newsletter subscribe block.
- Newsletter Textbox Placeholder: Enter placehoder text for newsletter textbox.
- Newsletter Button Text: Enter text for newsletter button.
- Newsletter Button Text Color: Set color for newsletter button text.
- Newsletter Button Background Color: Set color for newsletter button background.
- Newsletter Invalid Email Message: Enter text for invalid email message.
- Newsletter Already Subscribe Message: Enter text for already subscribe newsletter message.
- Newsletter Subscribe Success Message: Enter text for newsletter subscribe success message.
- Enable Social Media: Yes | No.
- Social Text: Enter social media header text like 'Get Connected'.
- Facebook URL: Enter Facebook URL.
- Google Plus URL: Enter Google Plus URL.
- Twitter URL: Enter Twitter URL.
- Email: Enter your email ID.
- Log For: No logging | Log only denied access | Log all access.
- Log File: set log file name like maintenance.log.