We appreciate your decision of using our Category Designer PRO Plugin. Thanks you for installing Category Designer PRO plugin for WordPress.
This document has been written in such a way that it can be easily understood by beginners as well as advanced users or developers. The document has been divided into 3 main sections.1) Getting Started : This section will be very helpful to you for Quick Start journey with plugin and understand how plugin works with the default settings.
2) Detailed Document : This section explains every thing about Category Designer PRO plugin with each and every settings.
3) Other : This section provides information about miscellaneous items like plugin features, translation, FAQ, automatic plugin update, etc.
If you have an any query that is beyond the scope of document, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please extract that codecanyon downloaded zip in your local PC. There are 2 items inside it.
- 1) category-designer-pro-document.zip
- 2) category-designer-pro.zip
You need to select that category-designer-pro.zip
1. Installation via WordPress Admin area
- Step 1. Login into your WordPress admin area.
- Step 2. Click on the left side plugin menu.
- Step 3. Now at top of the page, you can see Add New button, click on that button.
- Step 4. Again at top of the page, you can see/view Upload Plugin button, click on that button for next process.
- Step 5. Now upload the plugin zip file (category-designer-pro.zip) via drag and drop or direct file upload selection. After file selection, click on Install Now button and then click on Activate Plugin link.
2. Installation Via FTP
- Step 1. Extract the above selected zip file (category-designer-pro.zip). It will create 'category-designer-pro' folder with all plugin files & folder inside it. (Remember this extracted folder path)
- Step 2. Using your FTP program like Filezilla or cPanel, upload the non-zipped plugin folder into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server.
- Step 3. Go to Dashboard » Plugins » Installed Plugins page and find 'Category Designer PRO' from plugin list.
- Step 4. Click on Activate to activate Category Designer PRO plugin.
Please follow below quick steps.
Step 1 :
Create a new Category Layout
Create a new category layout
Step 3 :
Please follow below steps.
Create a New Layout
- Step 1. Go to Dashboard » Category Designer
- Step 2. Click on "Create New Layout" Button.
- Step 3. Fill all the settings as per your preferences.
- Step 4. Click on "Save Changes" button at the top of page and enjoy the Category Layout.
Category Layout Settings
1. Category Template Designs
Template design option to select the template for creating the category layout.
2. Template Color Preset
Color preset to add the color combination to your selected template.
3. Layout Type
Unique layout type for your layout display.
4. Apply Same Height For Category Block?
Same Height For all block in your layout.
5. Layout Name
Unique layout name to identify your category layout on listing page.
6. Select Page for category
Page selection option will allow you to display your taxonomies on the selected page.
7. Select Taxonomy
Taxonomy selection option will allows you to display taxonomies.
8. Select Parent Category
Parent category selection option will allows you to select multiple parent terms from taxonomies.
9. Hide Parent Category?
Hide Parent Category will allows you to hide parent terms on frontend.
10. Hide Child Category?
Hide Child Category will allows you to hide child terms on frontend.
11. Select Child Category
Child category selection option will allows you to select multiple child terms as per parent term choosen from taxonomies.
12. Number Of Categories To Display
Manage the Number Of Categories To Display on a single page.
14. Custom CSS
To apply own css to specific content.Example: If you want dark background in Easy Timeline template same like our live demo then add your css in custom css settings.
Here 'site-main' is the upper level wrapper class of the category template.
You have to add your category template's wrapper class to set the background.
1. Main Container Class Name
Enter main category container class name.
2. Set Grid Columns (Desktop - Above 980px)
This option provides 4 different values for templates in Desktop view:
3. Set Grid Columns (iPad - 720px - 980px)
This option provides 3 different values for templates in iPad view:
4. Set Grid Columns (Tablet - 480px - 720px)
This option provides 3 different values for templates in Tablet view:
5. Set Grid Columns (Mobile - Smaller Than 480px)
This option provides 3 different values for templates in Mobile view:
6. Arrow Template Color
To set template arrow color.
7. Categories Template Color
To set template color of category.
8. Choose Template Border
To set the border color template.
9. Image Corner Selection
To set the image corner in specific template.
10. Enter Background Border Radius (%)
To set the background border radius of specific div in template.
11. Choose Arrow Color
To set template arrow color.
12. Choose Arrow Hover Color
To set template arrow hover color.
13. Category Hover Background Color
To set background hover color.
14. Background Color For Categories
To set the category background color using the color picker.
15. Repetative Background Color 1
To set the repetative background color on specific first div based on template.
16. Repetative Background Color 2
To set the repetative background color on specific second div based on template.
17. Repetative Background Color 3
To set the repetative background color on specific third div based on template.
18. Repetative Background Color 4
To set the repetative background color on specific forth div based on template.
19. Repetative Background Color 5
To set the repetative background color on specific fifth div based on template.
20. Display Post Count
To show post count on template.
21. Alignment of post count.
To set Alignment of post count.
22. Post Count Text
To set the text after post count.
23. Text Color
To set the color of post post count.
24. Background Color
To set background color of post count.
25. Angle(0-360 Deg)
To set angle of post count display.
26. Border Radius(%)
To set post count border radius.
To set the padding for post count.
To set the margin for post count.
29. Typography Settings
Category Title Settings
1. Category Title Link
To enable and disable the link from category title.
2. Category Title Alignment
To select the category title alignment like left,right and center.
3. Category Title Color
To select the category title color using the color picker.
4. Category Title Link Hover Color
To select the category title hover color using the color picker.
5. Category Title Background Color
To select the category title background color using the color picker.
6. Category Title Hover Background Color
To select the category title hover background color using the color picker.
7. Box Shadow Settings
To set the box shadow for category title text.
8. Typography Settings
9. Category Title Margin
To set the margin for Category title.
10. Category Title Padding
To set the padding for Category title.
Category Content Settings
1. Category Content Alignment.
Set Content Alignment.
2. First Letter As Dropcap.
Set First letter of category content large size.
3. First letter of Category Content Font Family.
Select First letter of category content font family.
4. First letter of Category Content Font Size.
Select First letter of category content font size.
5. First letter of Category Content Color.
Select First letter of category content font color.
6. Enter Category Content Length (Words)
To Manage your category content length, in words.
7. Category Content Color
To select the category content color using the color picker.
8. Box Shadow Settings
To set the box shadow for category content text.
9. Category Content Typography Settings
10. Category content Margin
To set the margin for Category content.
11. Category content Padding
To set the padding for Category content.
12. Display Read More Link
To display single category link on Readmore button.
13. Display Read More On
To display Readmore button on same line or next line.
14. Read More Text
To Manage your “Read More” text for category.
15. Read More Link
To set read more link or custom link.
16. Link Behavior
To set read more link behavior (new tab or same tab).
17. Read More Text Color
To set the text color for “Read More” text using the color picker.
18. Read More Text Background Color
To set the background color for “Read More” text using the color picker.
19. Read More Hover Text Color
To set the text hover color for “Read More” text using the color picker.
20. Read More Text Hover Background Color
To set hover background color for “Read More” text using the color picker.
21. Read More Button Border Style
Select border style of read more button.
22. Read More Button Border Radius(px)
Add border radius to the read more button.
23. Read More Button Border
Add left, right, top, bottom border width and left, right, top, bottom border color to the read more button.
24. Read More Button Hover Border Style
Select hover border style of read more button.
25. Read More Button Hover Border Radius(px)
Add hover border radius to the read more button.
26. Read More Button Hover Border
Add left, right, top, bottom hover border width and left, right, top, bottom hover border color to the read more button.
27. Read More Button Alignment
To select the read more button alignment like left,right and center.
28. Read More Button Padding
Add left, right, top, bottom padding to the read more button.
29. Read More Button Margin
Add left, right, top, bottom margin to the read more button.
30. Read More Button Typography Settings
1. Categories Effect
To apply effect from available options.
2.Grid Column Space (Px)
To select Grid column space or add space in input box in pixels.
3. Category Image Link
To display category image as link use post image link option.
4. Category Image Effect
To apply category image hover effect.
5. Select Category Hover Effect
Select image hover effect type from list.
6. Enter Image Border Radius (%)
To apply border to category image.
7. Select Category Default Image
Select default category image for all Taxonomy terms.
8. Enable Lazy Load?
To apply lazy load on category image.
9. Enable Lazy Load Blurred Image?
To make category image blur on page load.
10. Lazy Load Color
To apply color on category image.
1. Slider Effect
Set Slider animation Effect like slide and fade.
2. Number Of Navigation Item
Select slide scroll limit.
3. Display Slider Navigation
Display Slider navigations.
4. Slider Navigation
Select slider navigation buttons layout.
5. Display Slider Controls
Display sliders controls.
6. Select Slider Arrow
Select sliders controls arrows.
7. Slider Autoplay
Select slider autoplay mode.
8. Slider Scroll Speed(Ms)
Enter slider speed in microseconds.
9. Enable Navigate To Scroll
To Scroll slider with Mouse Wheel.
1. Category Order By
Select category display order type from list.
2. Display Isotop Filter
Click to enable display isotop filter for Category.
3. Isotop Filter Settings
To set isotop filter settings.
Category Designer plugin features
Fully Responsive with all devices
Category Designer templates are fully design and compatible with any devices to represent your beautiful Category Layout page.
With our shortcode generator, create one with your preferences. And with it's flexibility use it any where you need. Place in a page, post or theme files where ever you want.
Cross Browser Support
Category Templates are fully compatible with popular web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.
Page Selection Option
Page selection option will allow you to showcase your taxonomies with any page.
Manage taxonomy Terms per Page
Manage number of categories per single page for your using user friendly simple interface.
Show/Hide your post count of your posts according to your design.
Multiple Taxonomy Selection
Select multiple custom taxonomies.
18 Category Templates
We know, one layout does not satisfy all. And we have come up with different layouts. Choose the template you want to use while creating the layout.
Alternative Background Color
Select alternative background color for categories which allow to show alternative background of post.
Category Layout Settings
With our easy setting panel, Style your content with wide variety of options like text color, font size, font family, background etc. to match you site design.
category Content Length
Maintain category content length as summary text or show full description on category layout page with categories.
Read More Text
Manage your “Read More” text and design your read more text for category layouts.
Social Share Buttons
Default and Custom(Square/Circle) social share buttons integration allow to share with count your posts on social sites like facebook,twitter etc.
Plugin will use in any languages due to it's multilingual feature.
Multiple category Layout, easy settings panel. Still not enough ? Just use the hooks/filter to your WordPress theme and customize as need.
We’re active for any support issues and feature suggestions. Please contact us at support.solwininfotech.com
Google Font Support
Enjoy favorite font from 800+ fonts by Google Font support.
Enable/Disable link in Category Title
Handle category title link enable and disable from backend.
Different Columns(2,3,4) options for Grid Layout
User can save time by using the duplicate feature. It will make duplicate of the category layout.
Pinterest Share in Featured Image
Share your feature image with pinterest using Pinterest Share option.
Enable/Disable Social Media
Option to enable/disable social media on category layout design.
Category Designer plugin is language compatible, thus can be translated into multiple languages. You can use POEdit plugin for translation.
- Step 1. Install Poedit tool and open it
- Step 2. Open .POT file from
/wp-content/plugins/category-designer-pro/languages/ that you want to translate
- Step 3. Now, click on "Save"
- Step 4. A popup will appear, enter your Language code ( Ex :- "en_CA" for
English (Canada)) in language option
- Step 5. Then press ok button.
- Step 6. Then give file name like this category-designer-pro-en_CA.po for English (Canada) language.
- Step 7. Then save file inside language folder in plugin that you want to translate and all strings are appear in your poedit editor
- Step 8. Select your string that you want to translate and in bottom side there are two options one is Source Text and another one is Translation
- Step 9. Source Text keep as it is and in Translation section enter your translated string of selected string that you want to translate and then save it.
- Step 10. Repeat step 9 untill your all strings to be translate.
- Step 11. Now you will get two separate files – a .po file and a .mo file.
Note : When you save the files, you must name them according to your language code. Find a list of language codes at WordPress in your Language. For example, the language code for English (Canada) is en_CA, so you would save the translated files as en_CA.po and en_CA.mo.
- Step 12. Then go to wp-config.php file then enter the below code.
define('WPLANG', 'Your language code');for Ex.(en_CA for English (Canada)) then save it.
- Step 13. Select language from admin side, Go to Dashboard »
Settings » General in that check Site Language options.
- Step 14. Check language prefix in front end, view HTML.
1. Does plugin support custom post type taxonomy?
Yes, the plugin supports all custom post type taxonomy.
2. Is category template layout responsive?
Yes, all layouts are fully device ready and no need worry about responsiveness.
3. How to add a social share icon in any category layouts ?
The plugin has an option for social share icons where you enable/disable icons to show on front. You also set up the size of icons, type and style of icons.
4. Can I control my content length on category layout page?
Yes, you can. “Category Content Length” option will give you ability to control your content words on category layout page.
5. Can I manage my “Read More” text on category layout page?
Yes, you can change the text like View More, Continue Reading and you can decorate it also. i.e. font-size, background color, etc.
6. Can I display Post count in my category template?
Yes, you can. Just enable post count option from standard settings and decorate it.
7. Can I switch my templates in different layouts?
Yes, the plugin has an option to change the layout to grid, slider or masonry.
8. How to show same layout on multiple pages as well as on a specific portion of my layout?
You can copy shortcode of layout and paste of in any page or inside page template content. You can use same shortcode multiple time.
9. How to show limited categories in category layouts?
There is an option under general tab to limited categories or product's categories.
10. Is there an option to customize design other than inbuilt options?
Yes, you can also customize design using custom CSS or you can add CSS in your own theme using template classes.
Thanks for using Category Designer PRO Plugin!
We would like to thank you for using our Category Designer PRO Plugin! If you have any difficulties with Category Designer PRO Plugin or need any additional service, do not hesitate to contact us. We provide priority support with all our premium WordPress themes and plugins.
Just contact us on support.solwininfotech.com
We will be happy to assist you!